I'm always on the lookout for a great makeup brush to add to my collection because quality tools make a huge difference in application. Using the right brush can make product go on smoother, blend better, and speed up application time.
We've all been guilty of assuming that only companies with inflated prices can produce a holy grail bush (MAC anyone?). When I ordered my Flat Top Kabuki Brush from Beauty Junkees, I was more concerned with price, but I wasn't quite sure what to expect when it came to quality. Surprisingly, this brush blew me away right out the package; and it only got better...
- Customer Service: The brush arrived two days after I placed my Amazon.com order. It arrived in simple packaging with a Beauty Junkees label.
- Appearance: The sleek and simple black and silver wooden handle looks great on my vanity display. The bristles were fluffy and dense.
- Performance: The handle is sturdy and the size makes it easy to grip without being too bulky. The bristles are dense, yet soft. Product applied evenly, smoothly, and can be easily built up.
- Durability: I've had this brush for over five months, deep cleaned it once every week, and it has not shed one single hair!
I prefer an angled brush when applying my liquid foundation to hit those hard to reach areas around the nose and eyes, so instead of using this brush for liquid foundation, I opted to kick my previous powder brush to the curb and make the Beauty Junkees Flat Top Kabuki my go to powder/setting brush. I have continued to use it daily with my MAC Skinfinish.
When Beauty Junkees unveiled their newest brush offering; the Angled Kabuki Makeup Brush , I had to try it. This was exactly what I had been waiting for! This time around I had pretty high expectations, and I was not disappointed.
- Appearance: The Angled Kabuki matches the Flat Top Kabui, with a sleek black handle and silver lettering identifying what type of brush it is.
- Performance: The angled shape of this brush works well with my liquid foundation. I use a combination of brushing on and stippling technique to achieve a smooth finish. The fluffy bristles work great at blending and buffing foundation into my hairline to keep that telltale mask-like line at bay. I used to have to switch brushes to buff into my hairline, but the density of the bristles allows me to do this step as well.
- Durability: Due to the density, I found I have to wash them a few more times to make sure to get all the product out of the brush head. Even so, this brush has not shed one hair and the bristles return to their original fluffiness once air dried.
|Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, Tawny 865 applied with|
Beauty Junkees Angled Kabuki Makeup Brush
Setting Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark applied with
Beauty Junkees Flat Top Kabuki Brush
So far I've been pleased with the quality of this line of makeup brushes.
I'm certainly hoping to see more makeup brushes from Beauty Junkees in the future.
Click the links above for product info.
Thanks for reading.
|Click Here to Like Primadonna Style on Facebook!|