The best part is that each piece in this simple chic outfit was an affordable $14.99!
Dress: Ross Dress for Less
Geri C. New York Jacket & Sophia and Kate Statement Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory.
Shoes: (old) Nine West Flax
Here are a few of my Budget Fashionista Shopping Tips:
1. Wear comfortable shoes. Shopping at discount stores takes time and patience. Make sure you're comfortable.
2. Don't go on the weekend! Find out from the store associates what day the trucks deliver items for restocking and go in the afternoon on those days. There is usually more to choose from and less people to compete with for new items.
3. Go often! If you're serious about a good deal, then go to your favorite discount store at least once a week.
4. Don't limit yourself by having a certain piece in mind. Be open to looking for pieces that catch your eye, and building an outfit around it. I purchased the statement necklace for this outfit first. Then I built the rest of the outfit around the necklace.
5. Try on! It's not a good deal if it doesn't fit properly. Take time to try your finds on before purchasing.
6. Know the return policy, and keep your receipts.
7. Be patient when putting together a look. You may have to make a few trips to a few of your favorite discount stores to put together the perfect look for a night out, or a special event. Patiently building your outfit piece by piece will help you to get a great look without breaking the bank.
8. Know what you already have. You may have a chic handbag or a sassy pair of shoes in our closet that may be the perfect accessory to elevate a bargain find. Keep track of what in your wardrobe so you can purchase things that compliment what you already have.
|Sophia & Kate Statement Necklace|
9. Don't purchase something just because it's cheap. That's the quickest way to end up with a closet full of pieces that you never wear. Look for things you love, make sure they fit, and think about if it will compliment something that you already have before you purchase.
10. Quality first. Don't purchase something that's cheaply made, or will not last through one wash. It's not a good deal if you will have to replace it after one or two wears.
Thanks for reading!