|Forehead Acne: Before I started using manuka honey.|
|Wedderspoon Gold 100% Raw Organic Manuka Honey Active 16+|
It's important to note that to indicate the antibacterial strength of Manuka Honey it is given a UMF rating which stands for "Unique Manuka Factor." In the same way that sunscreen provides higher levels of protection when the SPF value increases, higher UMF ratings indicate stronger antibacterial strength. The number can range anywhere from ten to twenty.
I was intrigued by all the positive comments from people who had left testimonials and reviews about their experience with organic honey as a face treatment. Apparently, many women all over the world use regular organic honey as a face wash and/or facial treatment and get great results. Because manuka honey has more healing properties than regular organic honey, it is highly recommend for treating acne. I decided that I would take the leap and invest in this "super food" to see if it made any difference in my skin.
I ordered the honey from amazon.com, making sure the honey was not only raw and organic, but that it had a high UMF rating of 16+. When I received the honey, I incorporated it into my routine as follows:
- At night I wash my makeup off with Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover.
- I follow by coating my face with soap from my Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Antibacterial Bar and using my Clarisonic Pro (with sensitive brush head) to gently exfoliate and remove any other traces of makeup. After using the Clarisonic Pro I rinse all soap off of my face with warm water.
- While my face is damp I rub a small amount of Wedderspoon Gold 100% Raw Organic Manuka Honey Active 16+ all over my face. No more than a teaspoon is needed. I make sure my hair is pulled back and that my face is damp so that the honey doesn't feel sticky, but glides on my face like a silky face wash.
- I allow the honey to remain on my face for twenty to thirty minutes, and then gently rinse it off with warm water and a wash cloth.
- I moisturize by applying a dime sized amount of Clearly Emu Ultra Clear Pure Emu Oil to my damp skin.
- In the morning I apply Wedderspoon Gold 100% Raw Organic Manuka Honey Active 16+ to a damp face and leave it on for 20-30 min if I have time. If I don't have that much time then I leave it on as long as I can before rinsing with warm water and wash cloth. Then I moisturize with Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream
After one day my skin felt smoother. After three days my skin tone looked more radiant and two blackheads I had under my left eye were gone without any trace of scaring. After five days, I woke up in awe of how much better my skin looked. I immediately sent this text to my sister-in-law; who had been having issues with cystic acne.
I HAD to tell you this. I have been using this manuka honey twice a day for five days. I woke up this morning and every pimple on my face has been reduced to a scab or it's gone! I had one hard cyst on my right cheek for over a months and it's almost gone! It's like they are healing every day. Even my scars got lighter! I am in shock that it worked so fast! Order this stuff immediately....!!!!
|Two weeks of manuka honey treatments: forehead is clearing up.|
|My sister-in-law's cystic acne before Manuka Honey.|
|Cystic acne after three weeks of Manuka Honey.|
Had to give you a Manuka update: THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! I have been using it consistently and it cleared up all my cysts! It really does cure cystic acne! I don't feel any coming though either. Now I just need to get rid of a few small bumps and work on scarring...
I'm so glad I tried this stuff. Though it's pricey, It's made a huge difference in my skin. Because it's a natural product, I feel comfortable using it daily. If you'd like to give it a try check out: Wedderspoon Gold 100% Raw Organic Manuka Honey Active 16+.
|One Month of Manuka Honey Treatments; my forehead looks much better!|
*Update* Check out my entire nightly skin care routine to see how I continue to maintain clear skin HERE!!!
|Site Graphics by Vernell Art & Design|